Friday, June 11, 2010

Round 1 Phase 2 day 30 and 31

What a happy, happy Friday it is! For some reason, maybe just because it is Friday, but I have enough energy to run the Boston Marathon (maybe not the entire thing, but probably the first mile). I am feeling good, and stopped beating myself up for not reaching my goal weight by the last day I took the drops. Yesterday, I lost .4 lbs and this morning when I awoke, another happy pound was gone. So technically you are not supposed to go 2 lbs below your weight on the last day of the drops, but I am being rebellious and trying ever so hard to get to my goal of 165 lbs before I stabilize. So, as of this morning I am at 168.4, and I have 3.4 lbs to go until I will feel utter and unlimited joy for the next four weeks. My husband, who has continously been amazed at how I beat myself up when I don't lose over a half a pound has become frustrated with the fact that I am so focused on my 165 goal. "BUT YOU LOST 23 POUNDS IN 31 DAYS!!!" He said to me this morning. He can't believe I am not bouncing off the wall at my progress. I really am very happy, its just my own neurotic need to reach the goal that I set for myself, and I know that I will some how. I want to make Round 2 as short as I can make it :) (23 days), and I figure to get to my ULTIMATE goal of 148, I will need to lose about 17 more pounds on Round 2. I think that is doable.
Right now, I am very, very afraid of Phase 3. Phase 2 has been very strict, and it was great to have a list of foods and portion sizes that you could always reference. The protocol was simple to follow. Now its like there is a whole world of choices opening up before me as long as they withold the two rules of no starch and sugar. I have done Atkins before and Phase 3 really sounds a lot like the first phase of Atkins so I am wondering if I can go back to the things I know about it. I went to the website today www.atkins.com and they do break the first phase into lists of acceptable food and it looks very much like the list of acceptable phase 3 foods in the redbook. I have found the phase 3 cookbook and it actually references that it has atkins recipes and such in them. There are a lot of yummy recipes in them, but I am afraid because my baking and cooking skills are sub par at best. I guess I will learn to have some fun in the kitchen! I am going to do a little research today so that I can be ready on Sunday. I know that Atkins 1st phase only allows 20 carbohydrates a day which limits the fruit, so I think that for the first week of so I am going to try to follow it while watching the sugars and see how it goes. I am so afraid to gain, although looking at other women's progress it seems to bounce around a good bit while you are stabilizing. Can you tell I am anxious?!?!
Well first things first, lets hope I can lose the extra 3.4 lbs this weekend and start Phase 3 strong.

Lbs lost in past two days: -1.4 lbs Total to date: -23 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS