Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Round 1 Phase 2 Day 29 and 30

You know this diet really turns us into weight losing nazis...I have lost a lot of weight in the past 29 days, but instead of celebrating that to its fullest, I get really ticked when I stall. So much so that yesterday I didn't even feel like writing about it. What a spoiled weight loss brat I am :). I guess the reason why I was so down is because today is my 30th day on the drops and I did not reach my goal yet. I am so goal oriented that unless I reach that I sort of feel like a failure. Ridiculous? I know, but I can't help it. I have 4.8 more pounds to lose, so my plan and hope is that I will disobey protocol (bad, bad Sarah)and lose it during maintenance. I have seen this happen with a lot of the other women so...tomorrow starts my three 500 calorie days without the drops before I go on maintenance. Maybe if I add food slowly in maintenance and start exercising I can get there. I so much wanted to be at 165 when I went to the beach, and also it would mean I only had 17 lbs left for the second round. 17 sounds so much lower than 20 :P. I guess its even harder to deal with when you know you have never been so committed to something and refused to cheat even on the hard days and you have come to expect a daily loss. ANYWAY, I am done whining. Need to suck it up and be proud of what I have accomplished so far.
Speaking of which, my daily Bible devotion said something this morning that I thought I might share. I have prayed a lot of times in my life for the strength to do something like this. My study this morning was about how God answers prayer, in particular how He answered it for Elijah in the Old Testament. An answer to prayer always requires this before it : God commands, we obey, He answers. Its funny how my prayers were never followed up before with the actual OBEY part of it. He commands we take care of our body, I didn't obey, and so His answer was always no. I finally got it! He commands, I obey, He answers by giving me the will and strength to do this and BAM 21.6 lbs gone!! God is good. Imagine if we followed these steps for all of our prayers...

Total weight loss for the past two days: - 1 lb Total weight loss to date: -21.6 lbs (169.8 lbs)

Also took my weekly measurements this morning:
Chest: Starting: 40.5" This Week: 36" Total loss: 4.5" ( okay that can stop now :)
Waist: Starting: 40" This Week: 35" Total loss: 5"
Hips: Starting: 47" This Week: 43" Total loss: 4"
Right Arm: Starting: 12" This Week: 11" Total loss: 1"
Right Thigh: Starting: 21" This Week: 20.5" Total loss: .5"

TOTAL INCHES LOST IN THESE AREAS THIS PAST WEEK: 3"
TOTAL INCHES LOST IN THESE AREAS TO DATE: 15"!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOL'ed at you saying "weight loss" nazi's because I am the exact same way.. I'm only on day 10 and didn't lose 1 day out of all the days and felt infuriated. My fiance is practically melting on this protocol and I have averaged a lb a day or .5 and he's 2-3 a day so far. I am such a brat :P I went into a sad pouty mood the entire day

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS