Thursday, July 2, 2015

Stitch Fix #11 (I was off on my numbering somehow)

So, wow, been a while since I caught up with my fixes.  I actually feel really bad, and maybe I am delusional, but I feel like maybe the stylists read the blogs after they have styled someone and it either makes their day a smidge better or not. I also think its really helps them to figure out my weird little things I have about my clothes, and the fixes get better.  Not great for the wallet so much, but the better the fix is, the better I feel in my clothes.  I have also had a couple friends try stitch fix after me and like it, so I figured its worth it.  So here is a recap starting with #12.

Here is the thing with fix 12.  I knew not to ask for shorts.  There would be no stylist on the planet that could satisfy everything that I need from a pair of shorts,and it wasn't nice to trick them into trying.  In fact, if it wasn't so stinkin' hot here in South Carolina, I think I would wear jeans or yoga pants every single day.  But alas, there are too many outside days and lake days planned with the kiddos to be smelting in long pants all weekend. 

Okay, lets get real for second.  I have a large rear end.  Always have, always will.  I have come to accept it and not totally hate it.  And then there is this recently ridiculous trend of the thigh gap, which I have the extreme opposite of.  In fact, if I ever have a thigh gap, please call the ambulance, because something is out of joint or broken.  I believe thigh gaps are much like unicorns, you see pictures of them, you hear stories of them, but I have yet to see one in real life, and have come to accept that they may not exist all together.  (So sorry to all of you out there that actually have them...you are getting enough positive attention as it is I think you can bear with me on opinion).  The thigh gap is such a thing now that it is a joke amongst my friends and husband.  In fact, I have actually tried to "make" my own thigh gap.  Which was pretty doggone hilarious.
You see that tiny bit of light right there????  pay no attention to the fact that my feet are two feet apart at the bottom, and those jeans fit like sausage casings.  Bahahahaha.  The whole point of this thigh gap conversation is to say that I don't have one which makes wearing shorts a little uncomfortable at times due to the dreaded front wedgie effect.  So shorts either fit too tight across my rear end, they are either too long and make me look like "Pat" from Saturday Night Live, or the material bunches in a constant front wedgie that requires the awkward plies mid stride.  Even if you aren't bigger I am sure you can relate.  I suppose I am making a really good argument for the thigh gap.  I digress.



 
So what you see in these pics starting top left to bottom right are some cute coral lacy shorts, a chevron blouse, some rolled up ankle jeans, a white eyelet top, and some double layered shorts.  I wanted to keep the coral shorts and am slightly embarrassed by the number of times I put them on and stared at them.  They were great, except for what my hiney looked like from behind.  The front of them had two layers, but the back was a little too thin and sheer for me.  Coupled with a tad bit of pulling across the widest section - I had to send them back.  I wanted to keep them, was told to keep them by a couple of friends, but I just couldn't do that to the general public.  I kept the blue chevron shirt, mainly for fat days, because it was comfortable, somewhat stylish and if I was bloated it gave me some room.  The jeans I sent back because I don't really care for the capri look on me, it felt too Momish.  The white eyelet blouse was cute, but confusing.  It is short already, and then has a deep slit on the sides.  I kept it because I have no white t-shirts are anything like it, but I hardly wear it now because I am not really sure what looks great under it.  The blue shorts had a thin white layer and then like a sheer blue layer over the top.  They were beautiful, but not beautiful on me. The pockets literally looked like they added a layer of saddlebags to my saddlebags - so they went back too.  All in all I kept two out of three.  Sometimes I feel like I should have kept the coral shorts, but they would have looked better if I weighed 10 lbs less and I am trying not to buy clothes that I don't fit in at the time of purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS