Thursday, July 2, 2015

Stitch Fix #12

There is not very much I remember about this fix, in fact, had I not made myself take pictures at that time, I would have completely forgotten about it.



So here's the deal.  I love a peasant top on other people.  On me, it makes me feel like a fluffy pillow akin to the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters.  I like the feminine neckline but it just wasn't doing it for me.  I liked the cardigan with the lace shoulders, until a friend at work told me that they looked like shoulder pads and then I couldn't picture anything else.  Plus it was starting to heat up where I live and I didn't think I would get much use for it outside of the office.  

Rarely, do I ever feel that I sent things back in error.  If Stitch fix has taught me anything, I think it has taught me the art of thought about what I put on, not just making spur of the moment purchases and throwing stuff on to get dressed.  It has taught me be intentional with my decisions.  I suppose some may think that is vain, but regardless, the fact remains that how you dress is how people see you.  How people see if you care and love yourself, and I gotta say, its been a long ride to get to where I am with loving my body.  Part of that acceptance is being able to dress the body that you have and not just wishing for a different body.  I'm telling you, big things I've learned from this experience.  

Anywho, I said all that to say I felt like I should have kept the tribal accented top.  I liked it then and I like it now, but I am guilty of following the tone of a stitch all the way through.  Meaning I was just kinda blah about the rest of the fix so that one fell in with the rest.  Had I had seen it with a couple other great choices I may have kept it.  The last pic is of some skinny jeans that were just way too tight.  I have discovered over the course of my fixes also, that I am a HUGE Kut from cloth jeans fan.  The skinny jeans I have purchased have just the right amount of structure vs stretch.  I even love the little soft buttons, that's how crazy I am about them.  My love affair started with my red pants and I believe I have two other pairs.  Any other brand of jeans just don't cut the mustard with my body type.  I can't remember what the fifth item was in this fix, but I was already so over it I just sent the whole thing back.  Just goes to show that on the days where the fix isn't so great, it could just be your mindset on the day.  I remember going shopping with my Mom.  You could tell within the first two things you tried on whether it was going to be a "good" shopping day, or a bad shopping day - and a lot of times it depended on our mood.  I think that may be what happened to this fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS