Thursday, June 3, 2010

In My Opinion...

Okay so yesterday was the first time I publicized my blog, and by yesterday afternoon I have a message on facebook that really made me think. The title of the facebook message was "you might want to add the real truth to your blog". The title alone made me bow up a little (southern for ready to attack because I have made no un true statements on my blog. Period. The message went on to read that the woman was interested in going into the hcg business so she did a lot of research, consultations, etc and found that the hcg drops that I am taking are purely alcohol and water, nothing more than a placebo, and that the only reason why anyone is losing weight is because of the 500 calorie diet. This has been a large controversy on the facebook page and their are fierce defenders of both arguments. I do appreciate the message as it was informative based on her own experiences and reflected a lot of thoughts and discussions I have had since I have been on this diet. Not that anybody cares how I feel about it, but here it goes...the bottom line to me is I DON'T CARE. I am very well aware that it is a good possibility that the drops are alcohol and water, but I just don't care. If someone would have set me down and told me that I could do a 500 calorie diet with no help whatsoever in the beginning, I would have said they were nuts and not even considered this diet, and I am sure that is true for most women. Whether it has any effective ingredient in it all, doesn't matter to me because the results that I and other women are having are worth the $100. Women spend thousands and thousands of dollars for a weight loss cure, so even if it is a placebo, it had the right effect because it is helping women attain what they haven't been able to attain anywhere else. If the company is making millions of dollars off of a "fake" product, they will answer for it in this world or after this life and that is of no concern to me. The only other downside to buying the product if it truly is a placebo is that we are actually doing this all on our own. That would mean every woman that has lost the weight has had the strength and ability within herself. I will quote what Dr. Simeons has said about this: "We have had cases in which patients have proudly flaunted their dieting powers in front of their friends without mentioning the fact that they are also receiving treatment with HCG. They let their friends try the same diet, and when this proves to be a failure - as it necessarily must - the patient starts raking in unmerited kudos for superhuman willpower." If the drops do not contain HCG it means that the women who have lost should receive "kudos for superhuman willpower". And I am okay with believing that those who have succeeded have done so, and should receive those kudos. I appreciate the woman's honesty, and who knows, my next round I may try without the drops. She even mentioned that she is on her second round with great results, just no drops. But if these drops are the push that women need to succeed, the small help to say "you can do this" I have nothing against it. The benefit of the diet itself far outweighs the cost and I think any women doing the drops can argue this fact. Another thing to point out is that people doing the injections in general lose the same amount of weight, so you really could make the case for real hcg being unnecessary if the drops are a placebo. It only means that all of us could do this diet on our own. In saying this, I would never want to diminish hope for someone who feels they need the drops and are succeeding. Because I have not done my own research I cannot and will not make a statement as to the validity of the hcg drops, but I can say the 500 calorie diet DOES work, and maybe that is where all the power lies. I have not been hungry, I have lost a lot of weight in 23 days, and if I have actually done it on my own that's great! It would only prove to me that I have superhuman willpower :). If someone is reading this trying to decide whether to do the drops here is my advice, if you have the money and it puts you at no hardship, and you think it may help get your mind in the game, purchase it. If not, try the diet without it. Either way, do not expect the diet to be easy, you will learn a lot about yourself either way, but the outcome, I promise, will ALWAYS be good. (Okay I am done with my rant :) )

1 comment:

  1. i feel like i just found out Santa Claus isn't real. i truly believe there is HCG in the drops... i'm only on day 4. I found your post via YourHCG.com and I really enjoy it but this entry was disheartening :(

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS