Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Second Week on The HCG Diet

I was still reeling from the excitement of my first week. I had great results, my pants actually fit now (since I refused to buy a size larger, I'd rather be miserable than admit I need bigger pants :) 8.2 pounds in one week! Thats not even counting the three that I gained on the loading days (which I didn't think should count anyway). I was still struggling with feeling sorry for myself because my main focus (food) was not in existence, but I found ways to busy myself. I realized that I had even let my focus on food take away from time with my husband focusing on him and only him. Sad realization, but true... Who knew I would have growing pains from losing weight! Anyway, so hunger was never an issue this week, just craved good food. I realized that food commercials were of the devil and that was why America is obese and growing. I counted one night and over 80% were of sweet, delicious, steaming, creamy fattening food. I just close my eyes now. This week I discovered some of my mishaps, some things to do better, and just how strong I am. Here is a recap:
  • Organic Chicken in a can is NASTY!
  • Never eat a squishy cucumber no matter if its the only one in the refrigerator
  • George Foreman is my new best friend
  • Vidalia Onions are too. They are great sauted with steak!
  • Tried to walk for twenty minutes twice and seemed to slow weight loss, not to mention feeling a little woosy.
  • Decided to tell people around me what I was doing no matter how ridiculous they thought it was.
  • The more water I drank, the more I lost
  • Detox baths are not relaxing and haven't helped much
  • I have the most supportive and wonderful husband a girl could ask for (he is afraid to eat in front of me, so he started eating his large meal at work) You gotta have someone in your corner to succeed, we can't do it all on our own.
  • Still learning to realize what hunger is and more importantly what it is not. Cravings are bad at times, so I just look back at my weight chart and soldier on.
  • Read www.yourhcg.com blogs on facebook. It was strengthen and encourage you
  • Gave up the Melba Toasts (my little fake bread buddies, they were kinda hard anyway)
  • Even though the drops were expensive (whether placebo or real) we are more than making up for it in our food savings (ie: half the grocery bill, not going out to eat)

Here is generally what I ate:

  1. Lunch: Organic Chicken in a can (yucky!) made tolerable on spinach leaves with apple cider vinegar dressing from the recipe book for lunch, or chicken breast with spices from recipes and a sliced tomato with an apple or an orange
  2. Dinner: Filet Mignon cut into strips with sliced vidalia onions and spices (Yummy!)
  3. Lots and Lots of Water!

Here are my results:


PH2D9 -1.4
PH2D10 -0.4
PH2D11 -0.6
PH2D12 -1
PH2D13 -0.8
PH2D14 -0.6
PH2D15 -1.2

TOTAL LOSS FOR THE WEEK: -6 TOTAL TO DATE: -14.2 AVG: -1.01 per day

Weight loss was slowing which was expected, weird pattern formed of losing -2.4 lbs every three days. I became discouraged when I lost less than a pound since it was advertised as 1-2 lbs per day, but through facebook realized that the true average to rely on is .5-.8 lbs per day and thats IF you don't cheat. Still, you can't get those results anywhere else without keeling over, so I was pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS