Monday, June 7, 2010

Round 1 Phase 2 Day 28

Well, well, in the home stretch for Phase 3. I am already dreaming of cheese and cauliflower pizza...So this past weekend, I bent the diet protocol rules for the first time in my whole 28 days on the program. Just goes to show you that maybe if something works for someone else, it doesn't necessarily work for you especially in thinking you can outsmart the all knowing Dr. Simeons. So Friday night, my step son graduated from high school and where do we all go to celebrate? My most favorite bean burrito and chips and nacho cheese maker Mexican restaurant. Not only did I sit across my wife-in-law (my husband's ex wife), but I had to smell the yummy goodness of chips and salsa all night. So I decided it was time for a drink. I had read that some of the girls tried vodka and water with lemon, so I had a couple.... they were really good :) So on Saturday, I was surprised to discovered after my cheatery that I had lost .6 lbs, only to have a stall the next two days. I know, I know, if all my friends jumped off a bridge, would I jump to? Well if they had a twinkie I might would :). Well, its the ONLY deterrence I have had from the almighty protocol, so I am not going to beat myself up about it, but I will hate it if I am within a couple of pounds of my goal.
Taking into account that I just said I shouldn't do what everyone else is doing just because it works for them, I am toying very seriously with doing a second round. If I meet my first round goal, I will be within 17 lbs of the doctors charts! I never thought I would ever see that day. I do have to admit though that another 23 days of 500 calories does make me want to cry, but I will actually be considered at a normal weight. Not overweight, but a healthy weight!! I can't even imagine. So, I am thinking I can go through this again, but here is the thing...In the protocol, you have to do 3 weeks of maintenance (no starch or sugar) and three weeks of normal eating before you do another round. That means I will have to wait an entire 6 weeks before I can start round 2 and that just isn't sitting right with me. Yes I definitely need a break, but not for six weeks!!! I fear I will lose my momentum and I just want to get the weight off. I want to do three weeks of maintenance, one week of normal and then start the diet again. That would be cutting out two weeks of Phase 4. Some believe this would be a cardinal sin and that I would hence never be able to maintain what I lost in Round 1 or 2, but I just have to think that if I maintain my new weight for four weeks that I will be okay to start another round. I am doing some research on it now, so I will post more as I learn more. The jury is still out...

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST SINCE FRIDAY -0.8 lbs TOTAL WEIGHT TO DATE: -20.6

Total to go for round 1 to reach goal -5.8; So I am going to have to pull out all the stops this week if I am going to reach goal by Sunday. Lets hope I can do it by then!

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo you reached 20 lbs lost!!! I bet that feels great! Sarah you are definitely an inspiration for me, and a great source I have relied on as well, and I want to thank you for that! Keep up the losing YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mo! You are an inspiration for me too!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS