Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Own Your Starting Number - Realize How Bad It Is So You Can Change It!

Why is it hard to tell the world how much we weigh? I think first of all, telling people makes it real, second of all, its embarrassing, and third of all you don't want to become your number. I argued with myself about this, believe me, I just now told my husband how much I weigh. We guard it like a secret lie, like people won't know we are overweight if we don't tell them...Hello, they have eyes they can see we are overweight! I have made excuses after excuses - some of which I have made with myself "I carry my weight well, if they knew my number they would automatically think I was a lazy whale..." "If I tell them, I might as well post it on my forehead because thats all they are going to think about", "If I gain or lose it will be scrutinized much more than it is now" "Its just a number" so on and so forth. Well I have decided...its my number and I need to own it. I am doing something about it so I shouldn't be too ashamed of it. Besides those who follow my post will want to know... So here it is in black and white, as plain as the nose on my face. When I started this diet I weighed 191.4 lbs... I am waiting for the world to end because I just said it...Nope it didn't... I am ashamed of it yes, but then again I own it! (Well owned it :) )

1 comment:

  1. Sarah thank you so much for the inspiration I just started Hcg. on Thanksgiving day 11,25,2010 so today is my first offical day of Hcg. Boy was I hungry.. lol I have about 80lbs to loose before my wedding day Feb 26,2010. My story is very similar to yours for most of my life I have been overweight and I finaly decided to do something about it. I was introduced to this wonderful life change by my pastor she tried it and lost about 67 lbs in 2.5 months. After seeing the weight melt off of her like a hot candle I knew I couldnt go another day living in a overweight body when Jesus had clearly answered my prayers by sending me a solution to my weight problem. Reading your blog gave me the what I needed to go forward. Thanks so much I look forward to sharing my successful weight lost miracle with you very soon. Be blessed and Congrats on the new you.. You look AWESOME GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS