Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Third Week on the HCG Diet

Well, I was on cloud nine, taking out all my "skinny pants" and trying them on, being ever so close to fitting in them when I ran into my hardest week yet. The monotony of the diet was getting to me, and I almost got the point where I didn't care if I ate or not. The hubby helped my out on Sunday night and we spiced up some chicken and beek for the week and he grilled it for me so I would be good to go for the week. This helped a lot. I just separated each piece in their own container and grabbed one each morning before I left for work. There was no more yucky organic canned chicken and I was glad for that. I felt good. At some points I felt like I had enough energy to run the Boston Marathon and at other I felt like I couldn't lift my foot another inch. Here is where the support from my family played a big role. So proud, and understanding. They were in awe at my willpower. By now we had been to the lake twice and was heading up there for a long weekend. I hated, absolutely HATED not being able to drink and eat with them. Every where I turned was a beer, a glass of wine, oreos, doritos, you name it. But I got a lot of encouragement from them also, and it made me feel like I could do this even in those hard moments. My headaches were finally starting to subside, and I began counting the days where I could add a piece of cheese in the mix. Memorial Day was especially hard we arrived at a family members house greeted with home boiled peanuts and I watched as my family hovered around them like buzzards. I sat just outside of smelling distance and ate my orange. I got a sorrowful guilty look from a few of them as if to apologize, and I thought to myself its no ones fault but mine. Nothing taste's as good as skinny feels right? Well after the fish fry and hush puppies and cole slaw and strawberry shortcake, and brownies, and bananna pudding were all devoured, I sat feeling empty forcing myself to live in the moment and really focus on what mattered about that day - Time with the family...and that I was acutally very full and very blessed. I think I surprised even myself up to this point that I didn't cheat at all. Not even one M&M or sip of wine, nothing. Protocol all the way. I was feeling very proud until I weighed the next day with no loss. NO LOSS IN THREE DAYS TO BE EXACT. The hardest weekend on the past six months and I was an angel and no loss. I was beyond down. I had to look back over the week and any mistake I could have made. Here is what I learned:
  • I had been eating out once a week with my family (Sunday after church tradition) ordering a plain grilled chicken breast, no oil or seasoning with sliced tomato. I did have a slow loss before but this particular week I ordered an outback sirloin. It tasted so good it had to have junk in it I wasn't supposed to have. But I ate 3.5 oz the first night and had the leftovers the next day. I think that played a major role in no loss. I should have known better.
  • My TOM (see legend page below) was usually over thirty days so I was expecting it to be late, but 41 days and still nothing. I thought maybe that could be a contributing factor for the no loss
  • When you have a stall you have to look back, realize your body is totally wondering what the heck is going on and trying to catch up, and most importantly CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORIES, and realize that you are succeeding, these are just road bumps.

Here are my results:


PH2D16 -0.8
PH2D17 -0.4
PH2D18 -0.2
PH2D19 -1.6
PH2D20 -0
PH2D21 -0
PH2D22 -0

TOTAL LOSS FOR WEEK: -3 lbs TOTAL TO DATE LOSS -17.2 lbs AVG: -0.81 per day

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS