Monday, June 14, 2010

Round 1 Phase 3 Day 2

:/ That was my face this morning.... There is a reason I am so afraid of Phase 3... My first gain in 34 days and I just feel like utter crap. So I finished my last day on vlcd strong at 23.6 lbs gone (forever I thought). I was at 167.8, a mere 2.8 lbs away from my goal of 165, and I was thinking I could work with that, get down the 2.8 lbs and maintain happily. Well Sunday was my very first maintenance day. Friday night my very patient husband and I spent and hour and a half at the grocery store picking through "health nut food" to find things like almond flour and flaxseeds and other items I had never heard of before. I was very excited but overwhelmed with the choices and things that I needed to cook with. Saturday morning, my last day on vlcd mind you, I made my stepson his favorite kind of cake (which happened to be my fav also), strawberry cake with vanilla icing, and even though it wasn't that pretty I was proud. I didn't even lick my fingers!!!! No taste of it whatsoever. Sunday morning I awoke to no loss, but was still proud none the less. So I drank my first diet coke in 33 days, and was unimpressed with the satisfaction, although a little carbonation was nice. My family went out to eat after church to Applebee's. So after staring at the menu for ten minutes, feeling like I was deciding the fate of my entire life, I chose a grilled chicken salad. Basic salad with ranch dressing. I ate half of it and saved the rest for dinner. The hubby and I decided to relax by the pool, and three Michelob Ultra's later, I was toast and so was my first day of maintenance. I immediately drank three huge glasses of water, but it was too late. Before dinner I had a handful of organic trail mix. I tried to eat an oz. of cheese with the rest of my salad, but just didn't want anything else. So I woke up this morning and I had gained a whole pound. I was just so mad at myself. So mad in fact that I am enforcing a steak day on the second day of maintenance. Now I have 3.8 to lose and maintain! Grrrrrrrr. Well if you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough, and well I will just have to be tough today. I knew three beers was too much, I knew this after the first one, but we were having so much fun I didn't even think. After 33 days of no cheating and then this. Well I have sufficiently beat myself up for this one, lets see how a steak day on the second day of maintenance goes...the cauliflower pizza will just have to wait one more day :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS