Monday, August 2, 2010

Round 2 Phase 2 Day 9

Weekends are always so tough! This round especially. I like my routines, and our routine is normally hanging out and going out to eat to relax. We tried to this weekend and as a result I didn't lose any this morning. Saturday night we took my stepson to get a hair cut at the mall, and while him and my hubby were doing that, I walked down to Dillards to try and find some size 10 jeans that I could use for my goal clothes. I am really feeling like I have to grasp on to any motivation, and last round I used some size 12 jeans that were way too small and tried them on every week to notice they were actually becoming my size. So....I searched for size 10, I could get them buttoned, but they were VERY uncomfortable and I had major muffin top going. I did this on purpose trying to gauge if they would fit when I was down another 18 lbs. One size 10 actually fit, but I knew it was a fluke. I want to be a size 10 that fits into size 10s not just one size 10 :). Walking through the jean racks I found a dress that had been misplaced. It didn't really look like anything I had ever tried before, so I checked out the tag...SIZE 10! So, I tried it on just for laughs and I LOVED it! It was still a bit too tight, so I decided to get it and a pair of size 10 DKNY jeans on sale. I got home and showed my husband, who looked at me like I was a little nuts because they were small, but he liked the dress a lot too. I will have to take a before picture in my too small stuff so we can see at the end if they look good. I know I am sort of grasping for straws, but measuring my weight and measurements and goal clothes size helps me celebrate and keep motivated. It also hold me accountable, especially because I have NEVER worn a size 10, EVER.

Anyway, so after the mall, I was starving. My husband and step son wanted mexican, and if anyone is a parent to teenagers, you know you have to take every opportunity to spend time with them that you can get. I knew eating out would slow my weight loss but it was important. So as soon as we walked in, I was overcome with the smell of hot tortilla chips. I could barely keep from drooling on the table. I ordered a steak fajita with just tomatoes and onions and asked them to not add any seasonings or oil. Well of course it came out and I took one bite and it was so delicious I knew it was cooked in some kind of oil. I was starving so I ate part of it. Then Sunday after church we go out to eat with our family and I got a sirloin with asparagus. It was good also so I am assuming, although I asked for no seasoning, it had some stuff in it too. Both of these at the time and now were worth it. Life is short and time spent with family is important, but I was expecting no loss this morning and I was right. Hopefully this week I will get back on track.

LBS loss on this round: -3 (not including the 6 lbs I had to lose from gaining on load day)
Total lbs lost to date: -25
Lbs left to goal: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS