Monday, August 23, 2010

Round 2 Phase 2 Day 30 - DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Sing it high, sing it low, let them know the wicked witch is dead! I had no idea how terrible TOM actually was in this diet until I experienced it myself. Last round, I did not have the pleasure of his company so I didn't know. I am attributing my WEEK LONG stall to him. Just to recap, in case you did not see my irritable posts from last week From Day 22 to Day 27 this round I lost nothing. Once TOM was gone from Day 28 - Day 30 (today) I lost 2.6 lbs. Definitely enough to keep me going. I just had to stick it out as tough as it was, and as much as I wanted to give up. This weekend especially, since my husband got up early Saturday and cooked pancakes and sausage and I was sooooo hungry. I just had to remind myself what I set out to do, and I was strong enough to overcome it. It definitely helped that I went to Target and bought a skirt that fit PERFECTLY that just so happens to be a size 10!!!!!!! My size 10 jeans are still too tight to wear, but I am not ruling them out yet.

Here is my stats thus far: I have only lost a total of 13.2 lbs this round 2 (thanks to a week long stall) But overall, I have lost a total of 34.8 lbs. My goal was to lose 43 lbs. That leaves 8.2 lbs to lose. I can only do the drops (if I even have enough) for another week. I know from this round that losing the entire 8 lbs I need to lose in 8 days is next to impossible, so I am prepping myself for this. Since I have been so goal oriented this whole experience, I need to try being kind to myself by being able to celebrate this journey as a victory, EVEN if I don't make it to 148 lbs by next Tuesday. For this, I have made alternative goals from more possible to least possible:

Most attainable goal: lose another 5.2 lbs making my grand total 40 lbs lost
Little tougher: lose another 6.8 to actually be considered a healthy weight on the bmi scale (I really really want this one)
Ultimate Goal: lose another 8.6 to be at my initial goal of 148 lbs


I will be happy regardless, but if I reach any of these three I will be ecstatic. AND I have to tell myself where ever I end up next Tuesday, is where I am because I did my absolute best and if I have a few pounds to lose after maintenance then I will do that by exercise and healthy eating. I will NOT however, for my own sanity, do another round to lose a few pounds. I guess we shall have to see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS