Friday, July 30, 2010

Round 2 Phase 2 Day 6 - The passage of time

Yaaaay! First official day of weight loss for Round 2! As of this morning, I am 1 lb lighter than my last weight (LDW) from Round 1! It took me a few days longer to get the load weight off, but I am there now. Being the freak that I am, I calculated my average after Day 6 for round one, which was a 15 lb total loss in 24 days = 0.625 lbs per day. At that rate, it would take me 38 total days on the drops to reach my goal weight. That just doesn't sound that great to me since I was hoping to do the shortest round possible. To reach my goal at the end of the planned 30 days I would need to reach an average of 0.85 lbs per day. This would be awesome, but it is awfully aggressive. Granted I made a few mistakes in the first round such as using powdered stevia instead of liquid, eating prepackaged chicken with starch in it, and eating out too often that I won't be making this round, but as my body gets closer to the goal weight I am sure that my loss will slow. I'm working all this out so that I set my expectations accurately. Lets say I split the two and hope for 0.7 average for the rest of this round, I am looking at a total 36 days of drops and 3 days of vlcd without drops. I am guessing that I will most likely be on Phase 2 until the end of August and I just need to deal with that fact. If, by the grace of God, I make it sooner I will just be pleasantly surprised. I just need to overcome the feeling of maybe having another 32 days of VLCD. It really makes me sick in the pit of my stomach that I may very well have to be on VLCD for the next 5 weekends. Weekends are always the hardest.

It is at times like this that I really have to remind myself to keep my eye on the prize. If you think about it in 4 weeks time, I will either be at my goal weight or I won't. The four weeks will pass regardless of what I will do and when I get to the other side will I be proud of what I have accomplished or will I not be? When I look at it in that light it isn't too long. What IS too long is the period of time I have waited or made excuses and had this cloud of being overweight my whole life. I could have and should have done this years ago. But I also know that God only gives us what we can handle and that He has a master plan. Maybe I wasn't strong enough until now, and the time leading up to now made me who I am today emotionally. I will know more about myself at the end of all of this than I ever have. Just remember... time will pass whether we do what we need to or not and its up to us how we will feel looking back on what we have done with that time.

Weight today: 168.4 Pounds loss this round: -1 lb Total lbs loss to date: -23
Lbs to goal: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS