Monday, July 26, 2010

Round 2 Phase 1 Day 2

I am still alive!!!! I apologize to all those out there that follow my blog, I didn't realize anybody really checked it, and have been very bad about checking in to let everyone know that I am still here. I knew all along I would start posting again with my new round, but I should have let everyone know how my maintenance was going. I was feeling awfully whiny posting every day about how much I hated phase 3, but I really did. If you take a look at the graph I will post later you will see why. I was really not prepared for the ups and downs and the all over the place I would be during maintenance, but drum roll please.......the day before I started loading for round 2, I was at my LDW (or the weight I was when I finished phase 2 of the diet). I really did not have faith after I came back from vacation 7 pounds, yes SEVEN POUNDS above my LDW weight, but after a week of paying attention and working out, my body did exactly what the diet says it will, it went back to my LDW. YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! I truly, truly felt like my metabolism has been reset (for the first time in my long dieting history) and I am really happy about that. This spurred me on to begin my Round 2. I am not excited about the very low calorie diet (the thought of nothing but chicken and beef makes me gag a little), but I think, having been through the whole process, I can make it through my phase 2 knowing that if I make it through at the end of this whole process I could be at my goal weight. A weight I have never, ever in my adult life been. I was 150 lbs when I was a senior in high school and I was comfortable and happy with myself then, so I am going to shoot for 148. I cannot imagine a day that the scale will smile upon me with that number, but I believe it is possible. Knowing that my weight loss did slow at the end of phase 2 last round, I understand that I may not lose the twenty pounds I have left, but I think I will be happy with whatever that may be as long as I have given it my absolute best. When I started this journey, I didn't start it to cross the finish line with 10 pounds left to lose, but I realize in this next round, I need to be less harsh to myself. After all, finally losing it means losing the negativity and mind games that I play with myself. Its about being happy with who I am and celebrating my successes instead of only seeing my faults. So here I am, my second day of loading and I don't know how I could possibly eat another piece of food. Yesterday, I had a calzone, piece of pizza, chocolate covered twinkies, cheeseburger, fries and two, yes two chocolate milkshakes from Hardees and I still don't think I touched 5,000 calories. I am doing even worse today but I just feel sick eating all this crap. So using the start weight of 169.4, I would like to lose another 21.4 lbs. I lost a total of 22 lbs the first round so although I think its possible, its going to be tougher than the first round. If during the course of the second round I realize that I may not reach my goal, I will still do the minimum of 23 days. In my mind though, I using 30 days as a benchmark. I will post every other day or so to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS