Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

Sorry these are late, but the kids and life in general takes precedence...

I have now received four Stitch Fixes and I am still in love.  I am over the initial falling in love stage and we now have a full blown relationship :).  Since my first stitch fix, I have tried to physically shop for clothes on about three separate occasions.  On one occasion I found myself back in Old Navy rushing in and out, grabbing random things to try on before I had to rush off to pick the kids up.  The other time Don and I attempted to take the kids to the mall, which I should have just chocked up to a "non shopping trip" but the desire to see what size I could fit in overtook me and twenty minutes later Don is in the middle of Express with one of those gigantic rent a stroller things that look like cars and I'm trying to throw on things in between trying to keep Isaac from crawling under the dressing room partitions into other occupied rooms or opening the door at the moment that I am in my underwear.  Bad idea.  These shopping trips only reinforced my love for Stitch Fix.  If those shopping trips were other dates, all they did was solidify that Stitch Fix is the relationship I choose for now.

So this was my second stitch fix.  I had heard through the grapevine not to get too excited about stitch fix because the first one was always really good and then the next were crappy.  Not the case for me.  I really spent some time building my Pinterest Stitch fix inspiration board and I felt like the picks were definitely trying to suit those things.

  1. This shirt is hideous and looked terrible on me, I'm not gonna lie.  I know where they were going with it - I spent a lot of time talking about how I just had a baby and I didn't want to accentuate the post baby bump.  So I understand the cut of this shirt.  But it looked like a doily, and did nothing for me.  So that was a no.
  2.  This dress I wavered on.  I loved the colors and I thought it could be a good Sunday church dress.  But I gotta say, I don't know if I am short waisted, or no waisted but things that scrunch or tie in the middle like that baffle me.  I don't know where to put it.  Do I pull it down or fluff it up?  If I fluff it up my post baby belly bump flops out underneath it, if I pull it down its too wide.  I don't know, I just don't do well with those things and in the end I decided this was just not flattering on me, so it went back too.
  3.  Let me say, I LOVED this shirt.  It was totally me and I thought it looked nice in the pictures.  Sadly, very very sadly, I couldn't move my arms at all.  I couldn't quite figure out where it was so tight, I guess right up under my arms, but either way I was totally Chris Farley's "Fat girl in a little coat" when I tried to move them at all.  Sniff, sniff...
  4. These red pants were my favorite by far.  I think the stylist probably got the hint after I posted about a gazillion pictures of red pants.  Again I had the initial fear of the skinny jeans, and you must take note that I didn't take a rear view picture, but I did love these.  I realize that neither shirt in these pictures are really flattering but I was in a hurry.  So I definitely kept these and have been happy ever since.  BTW, I would have NEVER had the courage to pick these up in a store and try them on.  So weird how this little process is working on me.


5.  So I just lied about the rear view shot with the red pants, but I wanted to show the pretty part of this blazer and why I ultimately decided to keep it.  I do realize that the blazer should not be worn with the red pants (see rear view picture), but I did like it.  I was on the fence because the front (which is hard to see in my less than stellar photography) of the blazer was really worn and distressed looking and parts of it looked like a 20 year old dish towel.  I couldn't decide if I liked the dish towel look, but I loved the feminine ruffles in the back and thought it balanced it out.  I know you like my fashion forward descriptions right?  Just goes to show I have no clue what I am talking about.  Anywho, I kept this one too.

(You should have seen all of the pictures I had to delete with my tongue inadvertently sticking out.  I really need to work on that because I think it makes me look special)


If by chance you are gonna try Stitch Fix yourself, how about helping a girl out and using my reference here:  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3970713  so I can get a discount.    My husband will thank you :)

My red pants make a debut on our 5th anniversary:




1 comment:

  1. Whatever the cost, it's worth it to have clothes delivered to your house to try on when the kids are sleeping. I cannot shop for myself with kids in tow, I learned while maternity shopping and Aidan crawling under the dressing room doors.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS