Thursday, January 22, 2015

Stitch Fix 5 & 6 and a crappy 7

Hi there!  So it's been a couple months, but I tried to keep up with taking pics of my stitch fixes.  I think it really has helped me gain an understanding of my personal style and has made it easier on the stylist to see what I really thought of each piece.  So here is a quick run down of #5 and #6
So with this fix, I was pretty happy except for the fact that the necklace they sent me was broken.  I am normally not a statement necklace type of girl, but I was really liking everything in the fix and would have purchased the whole thing had it not been for that.  Hence the pouty face...  I so wish I would have kept the polka dot shirt, but I wanted a slightly smaller size so the boobages didn't pop out when I held my kids.  I thought a smaller size was on the way but missed an email I had to respond to and they canceled the replacement.  :(  I did, however, keep this really cool retro, "mad men" type skirt and I really liked the sweater with the mesh top for going out.  It was a great mix of sexy but covered up and I have worn it several times since.  Stylists if you are reading this and the polka dot shirt is still available please send it to me in a medium.  PLEASE!  This fix, although I only kept two pieces was probably my best yet.  It suited my style, which I am discovering is a little mix of modest flirty/feminine and classic with retro thrown in here and there. 

Fix #6 was nearly a bust....
I appreciated the orange sweater, since I did say during football season I must wear my Clemson orange, even though the color looks atrocious on me, but I was a little disappointed that I had requested them not to send me bulky cable knits, as I didn't need any help in the added bulk department.  It also felt kinda grannyish so that one went back.  The pink top in the upper right, I should have kept.  It had a cool neckline and feminine lacy details on the sleeves.  I think maybe around the chest was a little too snug.  The black sleeveless top made me feel kinda boxy and I don't care for crew neckline.  The back had a polka dot detail, but I just didn't love it.  I did, however, love the earrings.  They came as a set and I thought fit my requirements of being dainty and something I could wear and leave in for days if I forgot to change them.  I also kept the black skinny jeans in the top middle picture.  These came in the nick of time for I had started to wear lined leggings to work which started the whole "are leggings pants?" argument with my coworkers.  My argument was that mine were lined and not see through, there were no underwear lines, and I always wore a shirt that covered my butt.  I was finally defeated on the point when I found this helpful flow chart. 
I couldn't argue the point any longer, so I just started to wear skinny jeans instead....

Fix #7 was the worst I have ever had.  Granted, I still love my Stitchfix, and it IS fun even when the whole lot is terrible, but this one was REALLY terrible.  I sent the whole thing back.  I so wish I would have taken pictures, but I didn't get a chance to, and I just couldn't look at the heap of clothes in the box anymore, knowing that I wasn't going to keep any of them.  Two pieces were bulky sweaters with HOODS.  HOODS!  One was even multicolored.  It reminded me of those rug-like sweaters that guys who listened to Dave Matthews wore in high school.  They were really terrible.  I even went back to look at my Pinterest pics to see if I pinned anything that would have given the stylist the idea that I had Birkenstocks, dread-locks and burned patchouli incense...but I didn't see anything that would have hinted that I had a smidge of hippie in me.  There was a cute red scarf with hearts for Valentine's day, but I was burnt out on the other things.  The worst was a white cardigan that was short in the back and had black and white striped sleeves.  It totally reminded me of Beetlejuice.  UPDATE:  I found a picture I happened to snap of the Beetlejuice cardigan.  The earrings were just an unfortunate coincidence. The smile is a sarcastic one...

And I have decided that cardigans that are short in the back are not for me.  If I am cold enough to wear a cardigan, it better camouflage my extra padding in the back or its just not worth it.

I hate to leave it on a negative note, because I am still looking forward to, and enjoying my fixes.  And lets be real, no stylist is ever gonna get it right every single time, and that is okay...my wallet and budget thank them when they get it wrong.  I still learn new things each fix.  So the next fix, I specifically asked for blouses to wear to work.  No more skinny jeans/skirts/bulky sweaters/scarves/or short-in-the-back cardigans.  Just blouses - feminine/flirty but covered.  I work in Construction and wear jeans everyday so some regular boot cut (not skinny) jeans would be nice, or maybe some more dangly/dainty earrings.  Can't wait to see what my next fix will be!  If you are interested in trying Stitchfix I totally recommend it.  If you go here and sign up I get a discount on my next one.  So help a sista out!

In case you peruse my blog to read about things I really need to writing about (IVF decisions/kids/self esteem), I promise I will get back to it.  In fact, I have started a post five times about our IVF, but I burst into tears in the middle of writing it.  So instead, I post about superficial things until I'm ready to talk about the things that REALLY matter.  I'll get there sooner or later.  Baby steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS